Cleaning Your Granite Counter Tops
Polished granite is a very durable stone, much harder than marble. Granite will withstand almost any element it comes up against including heat and cold. Granite itself is approximately 95-98% stain resistant although, we use a sealer on all our natural stone products to insure lasting life and beauty.
- When you spill something, clean it up - the surface can be fairly absorbent.
- You don't need expensive cleaners - just use soap and water. It's that easy.
- If you do use chemicals, the seal will break down and the surface will be easier to stain. Again, just soap and water will do the trick.
- Use a cutting board - otherwise you will damage both the surface and you knives.
- Avoid putting meat directly on stone surface - bacteria can get into the pores of the stone.
- Oils may discolor your granite counter top - it's best to place cooking oils and salad dressings on another surface.
- Continue using a trivet for hot pans so as to avoid scratches and pitting.
- Keep diamond jewelry off of your granite counter top - it can scratch the surface.